some quick music news and updates.....

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

still D.R.E

Dr Dre: 'I'm taking a break from music'


Dr Dre: 'I'm taking a break from music'

Photo: Press

Dr. Dre has revealed that he is planning on "taking a little bit of a break from music".

The rap mogul is still to release his long-awaited album 'Detox', despite him first mooting the idea of the LP back in 2002 and delaying its release several times since, but he is now insisting he will go on hiatus once he has completed his current production duties for other artists.

In an interview with World Entertainment News Network, Dre revealed he had no plans to return to the studio once had had finished working on albums with hip hop artists Slim Da Mobster and Kendrick Lamar.

"I think that's when I'm gonna just wrap it up for a minute because I've been working on music for 27 years now," he said, in reference to completing his current projects and his future plans. "The longest I've ever been out of the studio in 27 years is two weeks."

Dre, who sold 51 per cent of his company Beats Electronics earlier this year and pocketed $309 million (£190 million) in return, went on to add:

So, yeah, I feel like I'm gonna take a little bit of a break. I'm never gonna stop music, it's like air to me. [But] I'm [going to] take a little bit of a break. Enjoy some time with the family 'til I get that itch to get back in.

'Detox' will be Dr Dre's first album since his 1999 LP '2001' and the rapper has previously indicated it will be his last full studio record.

Two singles have been released so far: 'Kush' in November last year and 'I Need A Doctor', which featured Eminem and Skylar Grey, in February of this year. There is no confirmed tracklisting or release date as yet.

Check out the vid (although kinda grainy) of "Still Dre"

No comments: