some quick music news and updates.....

Friday, December 9, 2011

Adele - Set fire to the rain "OFFICIAL VIDEO LYRICS" HD (live from Taber...

Adele: 'Don't expect to see my third album any time soon'


Adele: 'Don't expect to see my third album any time soon'

Adele has warned her fans not to expect the follow up to her chart topping album '21' in the near future.

The singer said she is definitely taking a break before she pens songs for her next record and it is unlikely to see the light for at least two or three years.

She told Billboard:

I imagine I'll be 25 or 26 by the time my next record comes out, as I haven't even thought about my third record yet.
Adele added: "I'm just gonna lay some concrete, set up home and just be for a bit. I'll disappear and come back with a record when it's good enough. There will be no new music until it's good enough and until I'm ready."

The singer recently scored the biggest selling two albums of 2011 with combined sales of 4.5 million. Her most recent LP sold a whopping 3.4 million copies and is now the biggest selling album in the UK of the 21st century.

She also revealed that her care free approach to music and her image was inspired by Amy Winehouse. Adele added: "I see no appeal in having a very specific plan as an artist. Who fucking cares if people don't get it or don't like it?

"I'd rather trust myself, to like what I've done and stick to my guns than make music I don't like, wear clothes that don't suit me and flutter between genres because I'm scared I won't be relevant if I pass my 'sell by' date.

"Amy tattooed that in me. She made music because she was good at it and wanted to. And she was a huge artist who was always a bigger fan. That's why I gravitated towards her and listened when she sang and spoke or snarled."

No comments: