some quick music news and updates.....

Monday, February 6, 2012

Oasis - Supersonic

Liam Gallagher: 'I'd rather be in Oasis than Beady Eye'


Photo: Photo: Andy Whitton/NME

Liam Gallagher has admitted that he would still rather be in Oasis than in his current band Beady Eye.

The frontman, who is currently working on new material with his new band, has revealed that though he likes being in Beady Eye, he'd still rather be playing with Oasis and that people have got the wrong idea if they think he likes not being in the band anymore.

He told Live Magazine:

If people think I'm going to be happy about the Oasis split, then they’re wrong. Even though I love Beady Eye, I’d prefer to still be in Oasis, because that was my thing. Oasis was my life.

Gallagher also said that though he misses Oasis, he doesn't miss the huge venues they used to play in and that he much preferred the small shows he's been playing with Beady Eye.

He said of this: "It’s been great doing all these little shows, going back to square one. It's good to see the crowd and hear them. Long may that continue. Big gigs are soulless masses of people – I'm glad I've done them, but I don’t miss them. I’ve got nothing to prove anyway."

Gallagher also hit out at "this new disease of indie student music" and said that most of the new bands of today "looked like tramps". He added: "Look at these grungers – they just walk around filthy with matted hair and smelly T-shirts, looking like tramps – where's the park bench and the Special Brew? And I despise this new disease of indie student music – Bloc Party and all that nonsense."


No comments: