some quick music news and updates.....

Monday, August 8, 2011

cool band doing a cover version of another cool band!

Weezer cover Foster The People's 'Pumped Up Kicks' - video


Weezer cover Foster The People's 'Pumped Up Kicks' - video

Weezer played a cover of Foster The People's 'Pumped Up Kicks' on their North American tour earlier this week - scroll down and click below to see fan footage of the performance.

Rivers Cuomo's band included the track in their set at the Pacific Amphitheatre as part of the Orange County Fair on Thursday (August 4), alongside their regular cover of Radiohead's 'Paranoid Android'.

Elsewhere, the four-piece played a set leaning on earlier material such as 'Buddy Holly' and 'Hash Pipe' with a smattering of more recent tracks, such as 2009's '(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To'.

Speaking to Spin.com about the nod, Foster The People bassist Cubbie Fink said it was "kind of mind-blowing" to be covered by Weezer.

Frontman Mark Foster added:
Nine years ago, I met Rivers Cuomo at a party, and I had my acoustic guitar with me. He taught me how to play 'Say It Ain't So.' So nine years later, to watch him play one of my songs - it was wild. I can't wait to meet him and remind him of that story.
Weezer have further North American dates lined up across the next three months, including festivals slots at Calgary's X-Fest and Chicago RiotFest.

No comments: