some quick music news and updates.....

Friday, December 30, 2011

Talihina Sky: A Detailed Look at the Kings of Leon Story

Kings Of Leon's Caleb Followill and wife Lily Aldridge expecting their first child

Photo: Photo: Joe Buissink/PressKings Of Leon frontman Caleb Followill has announced that he and wife Lily Aldridge are expecting their first child.

The 'Only By The Night' singer married the 26-year old model in May of this year at the luxurious San Ysidor Ranch in California, after a three-year romance and the couple have now announced that they are expecting their first baby.

The couple issued a statement about the pregnancy, in which they said: "We are thrilled to announce that we are expecting our first child together. We can't wait to meet the new addition to our family."

According to E! Online News, Aldridge is three months pregnant, meaning she is likely to give birth sometime in June next summer.

Kings Of Leon are currently taking time off after completing their lengthy world tour in support of their fifth album 'Come Around Sundown', which they released in October 2010.

You can watch an exclusive clip from Talihina Sky, a documentary about Kings Of Leon which was released earlier this year by checking out the vid below:

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Van Halen - Long Version Trailer


Van Halen Announce 2012 Tour

When Van Halen signed with Interscope last month, suspicions arose that a tour would be in the works, especially since the band has brought David Lee Roth back into the fold in a formal recording capacity. Now, thanks to a ridiculous tour teaser — Roth softshoes, twirls a baton, hams it up a storm — it looks like a tour is a reality.

Check out the clip after the jump.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mötley Crüe - Home Sweet Home (Official Music Video)

Vince Neil to quit Motley Crue?

Vince Neil to quit Motley Crue?

Photo: PA

Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil has hinted that he could quit the band next year.

The hair metal act are set to play a dozen shows as part of a residency at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas in February 2012, but according to Neil, the gigs could serve as his final farewell to his bandmates.

Neil, who left Motley Crue in 1992 but eventually reunited with the group again in 1997, told the Las Vegas Sun: "I'm sitting on my yacht, contemplating my future, and I'm not sure it'll be with Motley Crue after Las Vegas. Great things are coming up and pushing me in another direction."

He later added:

This is all about me thinking about the second half of my life, thinking about my future, and that future might not include Motley Crue after Vegas. There are so many opportunities that are in front of me that I'm really excited about. I just don't want to look back later in life and regret I didn't pursue them.

Neil recently claimed that the band's residency at the Hard Rock Hotel would see them indulge in "over the top craziness" and said the gigs were an opportunity for Motley Crue to do things they'd "only really dreamed about".

Last month, the singer pleaded guilty to a charge of disorderly conduct. Although he was forced pay a $1,000 fine, he avoided a further trial for domestic violence altercation in Las Vegas earlier this year.


Check out the classic video for "Home Sweet Home". Ah the memories!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Radiohead - Staircase

Jon Bon Jovi quashes internet death rumors

Jon Bon Jovi quashes internet death rumours
Photo: PA
Jon Bon Jovi quashed internet rumours of his death, by posting a picture of him in front of a Christmas tree and holding a piece of paper emblazoned with yesterday's date (December 19).

The Bon Jovi rocker was the subject of an internet death hoax, but the star took to his band's Facebook page to prove he was still alive and kicking.

In the photo posted, a smiling Bon Jovi holds up a piece of paper which says:
Heaven looks a lot like New Jersey

The posting came after Dailynewbloginternational put a story online saying that the frontman had died from a cardiac arrest at the age of 49. Billboard reports that the story was copied from the Los Angeles Times' coverage of the 2009 death of Michael Jackson.

In October, Jon Bon Jovi opened a new 'pay what you want' restaurant in New Jersey. The restaurant, which is named The Jon Bon Jovi Soul Kitchen, was formally opened on October 20 in Sayreville, the frontman's hometown.

The eatery only serves organic food and operates a policy where diners pay either a suggested donation or pay for their food by putting in volunteers hours in the restaurant. Jon Bon Jovi has said that the eatery is attempting to rid the world of its traditional view of a soup kitchen for homeless people

Monday, December 19, 2011

Smashing Pumpkins' Billy Corgan: ''Oceania' is our best album for 16 years'

Smashing Pumpkins' Billy Corgan: ''Oceania' is our best album for 16 years'
Photo: PA
Smashing Pumpkins singer Billy Corgan has declared that the band's new album 'Oceania' is their best effort for over 15 years.

In an interview with Stereogum, the frontman claimed that the LP – which is expected to be released in early 2012 – was the band's strongest record since their 1995 classic 'Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness'.

Talking about the positive reaction from people who have heard the album, he said: "I mean, it's been a long time since I made a record where you play it for 50 people and 50 people say, 'This is a great record'. I haven't had that since 'Mellon Collie' where 50 people go, 'OK, that's a great record.'"

He went on to add:
That's a long time. That's 15, 16 years between that feeling of 'OK, now you've got one here.'

Corgan also compared it to the band's other material since their 2007 reunion LP 'Zeitgeist', insisting: "It is the first time where you actually hear me escape the old band. I'm not reacting against it or for it or in the shadow of it."

In September of this year, Corgan said that the release of 'Oceania' would be a make or break moment for the Smashing Pumpkins. He claimed that the band would "have to step back and really evaluate where we're going" if the LP wasn't a success.

Away from the recording studio, meanwhile, Corgan has kept himself busy with the launch of his 'indie' pro-wrestling company Resistance Pro.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Radiohead: 'We're rehearsing new songs for live shows next year' 


Photo: Photo: PA Next Previous
Photo Gallery: Radiohead
Photo: PA
Radiohead's Ed O'Brien has revealed that the band are rehearsing "four or five new songs" to play at their live shows next year.

With the band set to embark on a world tour in 2012 including 10 dates in North America and five shows across Europe, the guitarist told XFM that they had been working on new material that they could showcase on the road.

He said:
We're trying to keep it creative. We've got new songs, we've been rehearsing about four or five new songs this week so we're going to try and take those on the road. It feels really good.

O'Brien also confirmed that the band planned to tour the UK next year, after reports circulated earlier this week that Radiohead were eager to play a series of indoor gigs next summer to showcase material from their latest album 'The King Of Limbs'.

"We are definitely playing the UK next year," he said. "It' s just a matter of staggering how they sell the tickets, it's nonsense really. It will be the autumn of next year."

Earlier this week (December 12), Radiohead revealed that they would be releasing new material next week. The band will release two new tracks, 'The Daily Mail' and 'Staircase', on December 19.