some quick music news and updates.....

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

well that was quick....!

Liam Gallagher has dropped his planned lawsuit against brother Noel after he apologized over his comments about the band's cancellation of their headline set at V Festival in 2009.

It was reported on Friday (August 20) that the Beady Eye frontman had filed a lawsuit against his brother after his comments that he pulled out of V Festival due to a hangover, however after Noel apologised in an online webchat for his statement, he has now dropped the action.

A source told The Sun:
Liam had spoken to his mum Peggy and she was upset by the whole episode. That was playing on his mind then he had a moment of realisation that Noel wasn't being vindictive - he was just being cheeky. It was an anger that had built up over two years because he was so angry Oasis was over.


It continues:
In the cold light of day he realised his brother was actually being quite calm about it all, and decided a legal battle was a bad idea. Hopefully that will draw a line under it all and everyone can move on.
Liam's decision comes after Noel issued an apology during an online webchat with fans. He said of his comments:
Unfortunately there is truth in it. But you know, for the record it is a fact that he was diagnosed with laryngitis and it is a fact that he had a doctor's note to prove it. But I'd just like to say though, if he gets offended by my opinions on such things then you know I apologise but it's all getting very silly and a little bit out of hand and it’s not very cool.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Foster the People- "Pumped Up Kicks" (HD) Live at Lollapalooza on August...


jam of the day!


Noel Gallagher admits that Liam had laryngitis before fateful V Festival cancellation...

Video: Noel Gallagher - Web Chat Q&A
Noel Gallagher has said that he believes his ongoing spat with brother Liam is "getting very silly."

During an online webchat with fans, which you can watch by clicking above, Gallagher spoke about the news that his brother was suing him over comments he made about the band's cancelled performance at V Festival in 2009 and said he apologized to his brother if he felt "offended", but that he believed things were getting out of hand.

Asked whether there was any truth to the story of a lawsuit, he replied:
Unfortunately there is truth in it. But you know, for the record it is a fact that he was diagnosed with laryngitis and it is a fact that he had a doctor's note to prove it.
He continued:
But I'd just like to say though, if he gets offended by my opinions on such things then you know I apologise but it's all getting very silly and a little bit out of hand and it’s not very cool. But there you go.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Well that didn't take long..that would've ROCKED....! haha

Jackson concert promoters remove Kiss from lineup

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Organizers of a Michael Jackson tribute concert dropped Kiss from the lineup after receiving widespread criticism for booking the band despite critical comments toward the late pop singer by bassist Gene Simmons.
The announcement Tuesday came a day after Global Live Events announced Kiss would join the show planned for Oct. 8 in Cardiff, Wales. Fans, media and the singer's estate quickly noted that Simmons has said in recent years that he was convinced Jackson molested children. Some of the critical comments came within days of Jackson's June 2009 death.
Jackson was acquitted of molestation charges after a 2005 trial in California.
Some of Simmons' harshest comments came last year in an interview with Classic Rock magazine. "Well, you know, where there's smoke there's fire," Simmons said regarding accusations that Jackson abused young boys. "There's no question in my mind he molested those kids. Not a doubt."
Global Events Live CEO Chris Hunt accepted blame, calling Kiss' booking an "oversight."
"Under the circumstances, we fully agree that even though Kiss is a band Michael admired, we have no choice but to rescind our invitation to them to appear in our tribute concert," Hunt wrote in a statement.
A spokeswoman for the band was not immediately available for comment.
It is the latest stumble for a show that is endorsed by Jackson's mother and several siblings but is opposed by brothers Jermaine and Randy. The brothers have noted that the show is scheduled to happen during the involuntary manslaughter trial of a doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death.
Fans have protested ticket prices —which start at nearly $100 — the lineup and the show's faraway location since "Michael Forever — The Tribute Concert" was announced last month.
Howard Weitzman, an attorney for Jackson's estate, questioned the show in a letter sent to Hunt on Tuesday, questioning whether any of the show's proceeds would be going to charity, as promoters have claimed.
Kiss' departure leaves Smokey Robinson, Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green as the show's superstars.
___

Kiss join line-up for Michael Jackson tribute concert

Photo: Photo: Danny North/NME 

Kiss have been added to the line-up for the upcoming Michael Jackson tribute concert.

The stadium rockers join Christina Aguilera, Leona Lewis, JLS, Cee Lo Green, Smokey Robinson and Craig David at the gig, which is scheduled for October 8 at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium.

The decision to book
Kiss for the concert will come as a surprise to many Michael Jackson fans after the band's outspoken bass player Gene Simmons made comments last year in which he admitted he associated the late singer with paedophilia.

He told
Classic Rock Magazine of Jackson:
No matter what my fond memories and fond images of Michael were, with one allegation of paedophilia after another and another and another…Oh dear... The only sexual references ever made about Michael Jackson that were made by anyone, anywhere around the world, have always been made by kids, and specifically males usually 10 to 14 years of age; never females, that age or older, and never grown men.


The concert, which is being organised by Jackson's mother Katherine, has divided opinion in the the singer's family. His sister
La Toya, Tito, Marlon and Jackie are thought to be supportive, but Jermaine and Randy have described it as 'inappropriate' and 'ill-timed'.